Elqui Valley Tour
La Serena Coquimbo, Chile
This tour will take you through this great Elqui Valley, where you can find places, with paths between vineyards and fruit trees, barren hills covered with vines and pisco factories (liquor extracted from grapes). We will visit the city of Vicuña, where you can find its main square and the museum of the poet Gabriela Mistral. Also you can visit the salesroom of Papaya, the typical fruit of the area. Then we will lunch in a restaurant where they cook with sunlight.
Duration: 6 hours.
What to expect
Departure from the port of Coquimbo toward the Elqui Valley. 50 km. From La Serena we will make the first stop: the reservoir Puclaro, engineering work created for the reserve of drinking water and irrigation of the fields of the Elqui Valley. We can see a beautiful view to the river. Detention 30 minutes.
Later, we visit a Pisco factory, where we will know the process of the distillate of the grape. We tour the plant, taste their products and visit the showroom. 45 minutes detention.
After this activity, we visit the city of Vicuña, its main square, the tower Bauer. Then visit the Gabriela Mistral museum, where we will learn of the life of this great Poetess. Detention 30 minutes.
Then close at 13:30 pm, we will go to lunch at the town of Villaseca, famous for its delicious dishes that are cooked with sunlight. Detention 1 hour.
We started the return to La Serena, where we will stop in the sales center Papayas, typical fruit of the area, where you can buy different products made from papaya.
Port of Coquimbo return at 16:00 hrs.
Know before you book
- Prices given per PERSON and in American dollars
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Gabriela Mistral Museum ticket
- Pisco factory ticket
- Port/Hotel pick up and drop off
- Professional Local Guide (spanish or english).
- Private Tour
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee too.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.