Private Tour of Valencia Centre and City of Arts and Sciences
In this tour you will get to see the main spots that define Valencia as an amazing city, full of life, history, modernity and culture. We will met you at the Port and take you to Ciudad de las Artes y Ciencia (Arts and Science city) where we will...
- City of Art and Sciences, Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias (20 minutes)
The City of Arts and Sciences is the most important modern tourist destination in the city. Located at the former riverbed of the river Turia, that was drained and rerouted after the 1957 flood. Designed by Santiago Calatrava and Félix Candela, it was inaugurated in 1998 with the opening of L'Hemisfèric. Here we will see a stunning modern, ambitious and beautiful view.
- Torres de Serranos, Plaza Fueros (10 minutes). At this amazing example of Gothic Architecture, we will see two magnificent towers that were designed to defend one of the busiest City gates. Construction began in 1392 under the supervision of Pere Balaguer. The city walls were demolished in 1865 saving this important piece of history for us all to see. From the back of the towers we can see the pointed arches and the vaulted domes.
- Central Market of Valencia
Here we will visit a very big and friendly market with various stands of food and goods. Originally occupied by itinerant markets, the Central market opened its doors in 1839. By the end of the nineteenth century, it was already too small for the city of Valencia, reason why, the city Council of Valencia summoned two contests for the construction of the new market.
- La Lonja de la Seda, Plaza del Mercado (15 minutes)
Its construction began in the late XVth century and ended on the second half of the XVIth following the model of the Lonja de Palma de Mallorca, it was the first Mercantile Contracting Center in Valencia. Commercial deals took place here between flour merchants, rice farmers, ranchers, merchants of seeds, legumes, soaps, chocolates, and so on.
- Valencia Cathedral, Plaza de la Reina (20 minutes). Mother Church of the Christian community in Valencia, it has welcomed believers and men of good will since the 4th century. So many things will stun you here, this is a must for any visitor of this amazing city.
- Basilica de la Virgen de los Desamparados (10 minutes)
Here we can find the shrine of the Virgen de los Desamparados, the Patron Saint of Valencia. Its construction began in 1652 on the ruins of the Roman forum and went on almost two hundred years, being finalized in 1824, reason why, we can see many architectural styles combined, including Baroque, Renaissance, Rococo and Neoclassicism.
Know before you book
- Duration 4 hours
- Prices given per PERSON in US$
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Pick Up at Hotel or Cruise Terminal
- Professional Local Guide (english, french, german, italian and spanish)
- Private Tour
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee either.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
What to expect
In this tour you will get to see the main spots that define Valencia as an amazing city, full of life, history, modernity and culture. We will met you at the Port and take you to Ciudad de las Artes y Ciencia (Arts and Science City) where we will stop for 15 minutes to do some sight seen and take great photo shots. Once we are back at our transportation, we will do a panoramic tour crossing the most significant bridges of the city, designed by Arquitect Santiago Calatrava. Moving on to the modern city, where we will be able to see the Mercado de Colon and on to the historic city centre where we will continue walking. Torre de Serrano, Mercado Central, la Lonja de la Seda, la Catedral and la Basilica are key spots we will review from outside during a peaceful walk with our official guides. There will be a 45 minutes free time break to do some shopping or or walk around.