Tuy and Baiona Private Day Tour from Vigo Port
You will visit two highly demanded towns in the region known as Rias Baixas, in Galicia. Tuy is the second most important complex in Galicia being with its historic-artistic site a good example of a medieval urban area. The old quarter is a place...
- Tui Cathedral (20') It´s a late-Romanesque and Gothic-style Roman Catholic church in the town of Tui, in Galicia, Spain.
- Tui (55') We wil take a tour of old town in Tuy visiting its medieval buildings and charming alleys. Santo Domingo convent, Wild horse monument and Clarisas convent.
- Pontevedra (15') We will pass by: “the marsh of the Miño river” (place of community interest), the “Ladeira beach” (the biggest one in Baiona), “Santa Marta beach” ( these two beaches are separated by a peninsula where the “Santa Marta chapel” is located), “fishing port” and the “promenade” until to the “Concheira beach” closed to the “ fortress of Monterreal” where the “ Baiona Parador is located”.
- Fortaleza de Monterreal (60') This fortress is located on a small peninsula and is a three kilometer walled enclosed. We will make the “Monte Boi walk” along the walls by the exterior and parallel to the sea. Other option is to make a route over the walls with beautiful views of both the interior of the bay and the rockier area or a route.
- Museo de la Carabela Pinta (20') A replica in real size of the caravel “Pinta” used by Christopher Columbus in his 1st transatlantic voyage to America who came to Baiona with the notice of the existences of a new unknown continent.
- Baiona (90') Pedestrian area where with several monuments such as the Dominican mothers convent,the “ex-collegiate church of Santa Maria, the “Santa Liberata church or the Holy Trinity Cross. This area is plenty of restaurants and amazing terraces so you will have the opportunity to taste a local wine of “Spanish tapas” If you want (price not included).
Know before you book
- Duration 6.5 hours
- Prices given per PERSON in US$
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Pick Up at Hotel or Cruise Terminal
- Cathedral entrance ticket
- Professional Local Guide (english and spanish)
- Private Tour
- Spanish tapas
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee either.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
What to expect
You will visit two highly demanded towns in the region known as Rias Baixas, in Galicia. Tuy is the second most important complex in Galicia being with its historic-artistic site a good example of a medieval urban area. The old quarter is a place to explore taking your time but even with a casual look, you will reveal that different cultures have been present here, each of them leaving its mark. Baiona, both a tourist destination and an active fishing port is protected from the open sea by a breathtakingly beautiful bay. You will walk through its charming old city declared an artistic-historic complex and one of the most unique Parador, the building is mid-way between a medieval fortress and seigniorial Galician architecture. Its gastronomy is of great importance and If you want you will have the option to taste its local wines and Spanish tapas.