Tortuguero Canals Tour
Puerto Limon, Costa Rica
The canals of Tortuguero are without a doubt one of the main attractions in Costa Rica, and this is a unique opportunity to experience this natural wonder. Common sightings here are monkeys, crocodiles, iguanas and sloths. The canals are also...
What to expect
The tour will start in the early morning depending on your arrival time, we will pick you up and drive you to a smaller port named Moin, and here you will board a boat with rooftop and comfortable seats. That will lead you through the living jungle that stretches over the narrow canals, formed by the rivers born in the high mountains, making their way to the sea.
Common sightings here are monkeys, crocodiles, iguanas and sloths. The canals are also considered a bird watcher’s paradise, so keep your eyes open!
The canals of Tortuguero are without a doubt one of the main attractions in Costa Rica, and this is a unique opportunity to experience this natural wonder. You will pass through some of the country’s most fertile areas and learn about Costa Rica’s main agricultural products. Along the way, you will see cocoa plantations and ornamental flowers.
The boat ride will take about 1 hour, after this we will be taking you for a city tour that will show you our entire Caribbean coast, from the Chiquita Banana plantation to a stop in our central market to buy some of the best coffee in the world.
After all this adventure El Faro Restaurant is the perfect place to enjoy the magnificent food and view (lunch not included). A calypso band playing live will cheer us up.
Includes: Bilingual tour guide, Transportation in a comfortable air conditioned van, Canal Tour fee and City Tour.
What to bring: Sun Glasses, Mosquito Repellent, Binoculars, Camera and Sun Block.
Know before you book
- Prices given per PERSON and in American dollars
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Port/Hotel pick up and drop off
- Professional Local Guide (spanish or english).
- Private Tour
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee too.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.