Stanley, Falkland Islands
Home to the largest King penguin colony in the Falkland Islands of over 1200 breeding pairs, this tour is a must.
Volunteer Point is also home to numerous Gentoo and Magellanic penguins and a large variety of other birdlife, as well as...
What to expect
The tour is usually around 6 to 6.5 hours in total (can be reduced), which includes two hours of travel in each direction.
The first hour of your journey, from the pier where you come ashore, to the privately owned Johnson’s Harbour farm of which Volunteer Point is a part, is on gravel roads.
All of our 4x4 Land Rovers drivers who double as your guide during the journey are extremely experienced at off-road driving.
During the journey your driver will answer any questions that you may have, and tell you about sites and features on the way.
Upon arriving at Volunteer Point your driver will advise you of any areas in which you may not walk, tell you your departure time, and provide you with your packed lunch. You are then free to wander and photograph the amazing wildlife this location has to offer. You are asked to remain 6m from all wildlife at all times so as to not cause them any undue disturbance. There are Wardens in high visibility clothing positioned around the sand beach that can answer any questions that you may have at the time.
The penguins particularly the chicks are curious by nature and will often approach you if you sit quietly observing them. The area of Volunteer Point itself is fairly flat and easy walking and the car park is very close to the penguins.
Time permitting, upon our return to Stanley your driver will give you a short tour of the town pointing out the highlights before dropping you off at the pier where we met you in the morning, or alternatively at a location of your choosing – Museum, gift shops, pub etc – all very close and within easy walking distance of the pier.
Know before you book
- Prices given per PERSON and in American dollars
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Price PER PERSON
Minimum 2 people
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Packed lunch including water
- 4x4 vehicle for 4 persons
- Port pick up and drop off
- Professional Local Guide in ENGLISH.
- Private Tour
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee too.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.