La Serena City Tour
La Serena Coquimbo, Chile
Tourists can explore the city of La Serena, Chile's second oldest city, full of history and colonial architectural elements that adorn their facades and streets, like churches, important buildings and The lighthouse of La Serena. Later, you can also visit the city of Coquimbo, famous port surrounded with stories and traditions of the sea. You can be part of the history of the fourth Region through this tour, which runs from Incas and Diaguitas civilization to pirates and corsairs.
Duration: 7 hours.
What to expect
Departure from the port of Coquimbo around 08:30 am (your choice). The Tour starts at the Civic Center of the city of La Serena, where we will visit the most interesting places such as Plaza de Armas, some of the most important churches built of stone, the craft center called Recova, the Archaeological Museum (mondays closed) and other sites architectural.
Close to 11 hrs, we drive along the av. Francisco de Aguirre, main route of entry to the city, to the Japanese Garden and then to La Serena Lighthouse, built between 1951 and 1953. The Av. Del Mar, which is the coastal road connecting between La Serena and Coquimbo It will lead us to the port, to visit the city, the English Quarter with its old mansions of the early nineteenth century. Then we will go to Mirador del Fuerte Lambert, a true relic, observation point for the defense of the port, built during the second half of the seventeenth century.
Close to 13:30 hrs we will lunch at port restaurant. A stop time and continue the journey to the Cross of the Third Millennium, a memorial to the Christian faith.
Then we visit GUAYACAN, sector during the nineteenth century revolved around the work of copper smelting and where the Church Sector, Catholic church designed by Eiffel, located in the bay of La Herradura.
Port of Coquimbo return around 16:00 hrs.
Know before you book
- Prices given per PERSON and in American dollars
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Entrance included
- Port/Hotel pick up and drop off
- Professional Local Guide (spanish or english).
- Private Tour
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee too.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.