Charming Sassello and Beigua Docks
During this excursion, you will jump back into the past, made of little and important things, such as craft shops, simple and delicious food, mills and farmhouses. Sassello hides magnificent churches among quiet and cute alleys, and interesting...
- Sassello (45’)
Sassello is a small town characterized by several narrow alleys, beautiful porticos and old limestone houses inserted in the wonderful area of the Beigua Park, the largest protected area in Liguria and the only one that can boast of the UNESCO Geopark recognition. The old centre counts medieval buildings and fine Baroque churches with great works of art.
- Beigua Docks (2h30’)
Close to an ancient mill that still produces fine flour, Beigua Docks is a multifunctional centre that is a shop of local products, an eclectic restaurant and a stage for events of any kind: concerts, food and wine tastings, lab for children’s activities, cooking classes. Visit of the mill and show-cooking to discover the secrets of the famous Genoese focaccia. Light lunch of typical products included.
Know before you book
- Duration 5 hours
- Prices given per PERSON in US$
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Pick Up or drop off at port
- Professional Local Guide (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Polish, Swedish, Portuguese. Other languages on request, if available)
- Private Tour
- Light lunch
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee either.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
What to expect
The Beigua Park is the largest protected area in Liguria and the only one that can boast of the Unesco Geopark recognition. A real treasure chest of naturalistic, cultural, and enogastronomic treasures between the coast and the inland villages. The picturesque village of Sassello, Italy’s first orange flag, is undoubtedly one of the most characteristic and vital villages in the entire Park territory. Here, one of the most interesting historical centres in Liguria and the greenery of a luxuriant nature are combined with a rich food and wine tradition. From the famous amaretti biscuits to mushrooms, from local grain flours to craft beers, from cheese to snails.