Santiago de Compostela and A Coruña Private Tour
Santiago de Compostela or Saint James of Compostela is the capital of Galicia and the city’s Old town was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You will love it for its gastronomy,architecture and history. A city with a huge cultural...
- Cathedral De Santiago de Compostela (Ticket included) (45') We will have a guided visit inside the cathedral. “The basilica”, “the major chaptel” and the “tomb crypt”, its chapels, the huge “Botafumeiro”, ”Royal pantheon”, the “cathedratic treasure”, ”archaeological rooms” and the “cloister”.
- Plaza del Obradoiro "Obradoiro square" (5') which is the ”Zero kilometer for pilgrims” in the middle of the square
- Palacio de Raxoi (5') In other side of the square we have the ”Palace of Raxoi” (the town hall).
- Official Cathedral de Santiago (10') Bookstore Route visiting the outside squares of the Cathedral.
- Hostal de los Reyes Catolicos (5')
- Plaza de las Platerias (5') The next square surrounding the cathedral is ”Platerías square” where we can see famous ”Platerias Facade”
- Portico de la Gloria (5') In one side of the Obradoiro square.
- Plaza de la Quintana (5') Next one is the ”Quintana square” where the ”Holly Door” is and the ”Inmaculada Square”.
- Monasterio de San Martin Pinario (5')
- Church of San Miguel dos Agros (5') One of the most important churches of Santiago de Compostela.
- Fuente de Los Caballos (5') The ”Fountain of the Horses” in the middle of the Platerias square.
- Santiago de Compostela Casco Historico (30'). We will visit the ”Casa da Parra”, Cervantes square, San Agustin Square and its convent, S.Maria Salomè, University Square, the Art University, Two Maries statue, Franco street, Fonseca Square and its Fonseca Palace, and pass by Nova street, Casa do Cabildo, S.Fiz church, Pazo de Bendaña and Pilgrimage Museum.
- Parque de la Alameda (5') Nice place for a walk.- Tower of Hercules (40') Visit only outside. Bordered by the “Hercules garden”. Has served as a lighthouse at the entrance in the city harbor in north- western Spain since 1st century when the Romans built it. According to a myth the hero Hercules slew the giant tyrant Geryon after 3 days and 3 nights of continuous battle. Hercules then buried his head with his weapons and ordered that a city be built on the site. “Breogan statue” and the Menhires” in the “Sculpture park”.
- Plaza de Maria Pita (15') We will visit the Maria Pita square which is where the hall of La Coruña and the Maria Pita statue (the heroine who defended the city in a battle).
- Giardini San Carlos /10') This is a place of history, with the tomb of Sir John Moore, famous for his heroism in saving the British army. A quiet place in a busy city.
- Iglesia de Santiago Apostol (5') Oldest church in La Coruña.
- Praza de Azcarraga (10') Beautiful square covered by very old trees.
- Colegiata de Santa Maria do Campo (5') Beautiful and old medieval temple from XII century.
Pass By: Obelisco (a landmark in A Coruña)
Pass by: Av. de la Marina and its “galerías”, with beautiful glass-fronted balconies. That’s why this city is known as the glass city.
Pass by: Castle of San Anton ”San Antón castle”. We have the opportunity to stop here to take a photo and have a small explanation.
Know before you book
- Duration 8 hours
- Prices given per PERSON in EUROS
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Cathedral Ticket
- Pick Up and drop off at port or Hotel
- Professional Local Guide (english and spanish)
- Private Tour
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee too.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
What to expect
Santiago de Compostela or Saint James of Compostela is the capital of Galicia and the city’s Old town was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You will love it for its gastronomy,architecture and history. A city with a huge cultural wealth , walking through Santiago means discovering infinity of treasures, palaces, monasteries, temples and squares. Its charming alleys and streets form a incomparable and harmonic group. La Coruña is called the “Glass city” due to its unique architectural style of constructing enclosed glass balconies onto its buildings. You will visit places like the famous Hercules tower, the only Roman tower still in operation , the amazing views of the port and beaches or its charming old town. With this tour you will have the opportunity to know two very different citys and both gorgeous. Feel the excitement of the pilgrimage and immerse yourself in the past in Santiago and enjoy the sea breeze of a city surrounded by the sea as La Coruña.