Rum Factory and Leon Ruins Private Tour
Visit where Flor de Caña produces one of the world´s finest rums.
What to expect
This tour start visiting one primary and secondary school in the city of Chinandega located just 18 kilometers from port Corinto. This school offer technical training in carpentry, sewing, welding, etc. to poor children who have family problems. We will have the opportunity to talk to the students and learn about the education system in Nicaragua. Inside the school there is a museum that features a permanent exhibition that makes a tribute to the ancestral village of Nicaragua. This museum shows Pre-Columbian art expressed in ceramic, stone and gold.
After the school we visit the famous basilica of El Viejo located in a small town near Chinandega. This is an old and very popular church with a spectacular colonial architecture and unique inside decoration. Every year in December it is the attraction center for thousands of people who come to honor the Virgin Mary.
After this we move on to the Rum Factory Flor de Caña, located in the city of Chichigalpa just 33 kilometers from port Corinto. Here we will be able to experience and learn more in detail about the production, distillation, and aging process of one of the most famous awarded rums in the world.
Inside the factory we will be transported through six different stations in which you can enjoy the history of the rum, the manufacture and why not enjoy a glass of centenary 18 years from the private reserve of the Pellas family who founded this factory.
Finally, you can visit the Flor de Caña Museum/Bar & Gift – Shop. All these located inside the biggest rum barrel in the world.
Know before you book
- Prices given per PERSON and in American dollars
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Port/Hotel pick up and drop off
- Professional Local Guide (spanish or english).
- Private Tour
- Tourist Card: US$ 10.00 (To be paid at your entrance to Nicaragua)
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee too.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.