Rotterdam Private City Tour
In the Netherlands you will not only find canals and bridges along with a very special architecture, but also modern and important cities with a great history about the second world war. Rotterdam is the perfect combination between...
- Panoramic Tour Through Charlois Quartier and Maas (25'). A transport will be ready for you at the port where you will see modern architecture around the Charlois neighborhood. There you will encounter bridges, views of the Maas river, and the war memorial.
- Central Station, Center and Town Hall (20')
The new Central Station of Rotterdam is re-anchored in the city centre and integrated in the European network of transport hubs.
City Hall Rotterdam was built between 1914 and 1920 to a design by Henri Evers. It is one of the few buildings in the center of Rotterdam that survived the bombing on May 14, 1940.
- Cubic Houses and Public Library (20')
The Rotterdam Central Library is one of the city's best architectural curiosities. With a 6-story cascading facade, industrial design and angular yellow tubes, it is one of the most controversial buildings in the city.
Cube houses are a set of innovative houses built in Rotterdam, designed by architect Piet Blom and based on the concept of "living as an urban roof".
- Oude Haven and Witte Huis (20')
In 1898, Rotterdam's White House (the White House) was the tallest office building in the city and Europe's first skyscraper at all of 43 metres. It is a national monument, and is also on the UNESCO world heritage list.
The Oude Haven is one of the oldest harbours of Rotterdam. Probably the first jetty was established here around 1350.
- Laurenskerk and Erasmo (15')
Today, the medieval Laurenskerk cuts a striking profile amid the bold modernity of the city's present-day architecture. The church still celebrates mass and also hosts tours, concerts, exhibitions, lectures and receptions.
Erasmo De Rotterdam was a Dutch philosopher and Christian scholar who is widely considered to have been one of the greatest scholars of the northern Renaissance.
- Markhal (5')
The Markthal (English: Market Hall) is a residential and office building with a market hall. Besides the large market hall, the complex houses 228 apartments, 4600 m2 retail space, 1600 m2 horeca, and an underground 4-storey parking garage with a capacity of 1200+ cars.
Know before you book
- Duration 3 hs 30'
- Prices given per PERSON in US$
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Pick Up at Hotel or Cruise Terminal
- Professional Local Guide (english and spanish)
- Private Tour
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee too.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
What to expect
In the Netherlands you will not only find canals and bridges along with a very special architecture, but also modern and important cities with a great history about the second world war.
Rotterdam is the perfect combination between modernity and tradition, the buildings are designed by leading architects.
We will pick you up at the beggining of the pier to start with a mini panoramic of the Charlois quartier to discover that special and modern architecture.
After we will start the walking tour at the Central Station to discover the modern streets of Rotterdam, the town hall or the cube houses and the library, a landmark of the city.
In addition of the old port (Oudehaven), the Witte Huis and the guide will explain the interesting and important Lauren Church (Laurenskerk) history.
We will finish our tour at the recently opened Markhal, a spectacular market with an incredible design and also all kind of food around the world.
You will enjoy some free time until we meet again at our designated meeting point.