Puerto Madryn, Argentina
Puerto Madryn, Argentina
- Choose your travel destination and book your favorite private tour
GROUP RATES !!
Top Private Tours
Shore Excursions since 2001
Home / Europe / Netherlands / Amsterdam
Old Red Light District
This tour allows you to discover another side of Amsterdam with a professional guide. The red light district is a controversial neighbourhood but you can find out what is really behind that fame. Discover how the oldest part of the city mixes...
- Condomerie (15'). The Condomerie is the first condom speciality shop and the oldest in the world. Founded in Amsterdam in 1987 as an informative point to solve doubts about AIDS. You can find condoms of all kinds,colors and shapes, they offer more than 40 brands.
- Weed Regulation - Coffee shops and smart shops (20'). In the Netherlands, selling drugs is illegal. However, the Dutch government tolerates the sale of soft drugs in so-called coffeeshops. Their owners will not be prosecuted if their establishment meets strict requirements, the so-called toleration policy. During the tour we will visit the first and more famous coffeshop, The Bulldog.
- Oude Kerk and the Belle (15') The Oude Kerk, the Old Church, is the Amsterdam's oldest building and newest art institutes (since 2012).
A statue titled "Belle", honors the prostitutes of the world. The plaque on this statue reads (in English): "Respect sex workers all over the world".
- Sexworkers, the windows and regulations (40'). Prostitution is legal in the Netherlands since 1830 but everything started centuries ago mainly with the sailors. You will discover the origins of the red light, how it developed the business until the cabins, how they are consider now the sex workers. For example: Any sex business must obtain a license from a municipality, certifying that it has fulfilled the legal requirements to operate.
- Evolution of the Neighborhood Origins and Present (20´). The Red Light District of Amsterdam exists since the 14th century. At that time, the harbor was not far from there. That is why, a lot of immigrants were living there and how prostitution started. But currently you can find sex workers, coffee shops, parties, and culture.
Know before you book
- Duration 2,20 hours
- Prices given per PERSON in US$
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Pick Up at Hotel or Cruise Terminal
- Professional Local Guide (english, deutsch and spanish)
- Private Tour
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee either.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
What to expect
This tour allows you to discover another side of Amsterdam with a professional guide.
The red light district is a controversial neighbourhood but you can find out what is really behind that fame.
Discover how the oldest part of the city mixes prostitution, sex shops, and coffees shops.
We will reveal the development of the prostitution history, we will speak about the erotic shows, erotic and sex shops,how are regulate the sex workers, the stigma, the red windows,etc.
Also your guide will explain the tolerance drug regulation, mainly weed but also other kind of products that you will find in the "Smart shops" and all combined with one of the most spectacular churches you will find around, the Oude Kerk and more surprising areas in this area.
LEGALY LIMITED TO 4 PERSONS BY THE CITY OF AMSTERDAM