Puerto Madryn, Argentina
You will visit the most important Magellan penguins colony in Patagonia. Almost one million of these loveable creatures arrive from the Atlantic at this place every year in order to breed, incubate their eggs, and prepare their offspring for...
What to expect
When your cruise ship docks at the Puerto Madryn port, you’ll be picked up by your professional guide and taken on a private shore excursion to Punta Tombo, located 2.5 hours south.
This peninsula, a fauna and penguin preservation area created in 1979, is home to the most important Magellan penguins colony in Patagonia.
Almost one million of these loveable creatures arrive from the Atlantic at this place every year in order to breed, incubate their eggs, and prepare their offspring for migration.
Thought the first penguins arrive in September and stay until April, the best season to see them is after November, once the babies are born, so this is the perfect opportunity for you to experience the penguins!
Your guide will lead you down the 2-mile (3-km) stretch of beach so you can get up close to these amazing animals. Walk among the penguins, witness their habits, and see how they feed their babies, fight for the defense of their territories, and build their nests. You’ll watch these tender animals more closely than you ever imagined you could!
Lunch not included.
After this unique wildlife experience, you’ll be taken back to the Puerto Madryn port.
Know before you book
- Prices given per PERSON and in American dollars
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Punta Tombo ticket
- Port/Hotel pick up and drop off
- Professional Local Guide (spanish, portuguese or english).
- Private Tour
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee either.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.