Limon Highlights Tour
Puerto Limon, Costa Rica
A great, all-encompassing tour of Costa Rica! Enjoy a "6 in 1 tour" with a professional naturalist tour guide, who will introduce you to the most important aspects of the Afro-Caribbean Culture of Costa Rica, and show you the rich wildlife of...
What to expect
A great, all-encompassing tour of Costa Rica! Enjoy a "6 in 1 tour" with a professional naturalist tour guide, who will introduce you to the most important aspects of the Afro-Caribbean Culture of Costa Rica, and show you the rich wildlife of this fascinating region.
During this tour you will enjoy:
1) City Tour: History records that in 1502 Christopher Columbus landed in Costa Rica at the place known as Puerto Limón. The country's port has much import and export traffic. The city's old quarter has the characteristics of a historical center and is currently under urban renovation with restoration of buildings and a pedestrian walkway from Vargas Park to the market.
2) Cahuita National Park: The Jungla Trail offers a 1 km trek through a secondary forest offering beautiful landscapes, various flora and fauna, and including many opportunities to see the remarkably fascinating different frog species of Costa Rica, for example the red dart frog (dendrobates pumillo).
Inside the trail, among the abundant fauna visitors may witness the 3 toed sloths and see the different species of birds: Toucans, Oropendola, Tanagers, Hummingbirds, kiskidees and much more, squirrels, and the majestic butterflies that swarm through the trail. The creeks which appear during the trail, add a crisp freshness to the air, yet more importantly enable the reproduction of many of the organisms living there. For example these creeks create the perfect atmosphere for the various types of frogs you will encounter, allowing the perfect place for egg laying. You will witness the beautiful flora, such as the epífites, orchids and bromeliads as well as other ground level plants with various sized leaves appearing in their plenty. The different species of trees ranging from young to old, small to large, serve as homes to many of the creatures being large mammals to tiny insects. These trees as you will witness are also adorned by the lianas that hang from the branches.
3) Visit a Banana plantation for outside, our guide will provide you many interesting facts about this amazing fruit will be explained, including the crop, harvesting, processing, packing and exportation. Costa Rica is the second largest banana producer in the world. This is a very interesting cultural experience that you can’t miss.
4) Coastal Drive: Enjoy the beautiful scenery of Puerto Limon coastline during the bus drive to the different attractions.
5) The Jungle Trail: The Jungla Trail offers a 1 km trek through a secondary forest offering beautiful landscapes, various flora and fauna, and including many opportunities to see the remarkably fascinating different frog species of Costa Rica.
6) Enjoy the Souvenirs Stores & Shopping: During our Limon Highlights tour, you will enjoy many different souvenirs stores. The Caribbean is full of diversity, and boasts many cultures: Afro-Costa Rican, Bribri and Cabécar, Asian, Italian and Central American, among others. Besides food, the region features a collection of cultural activities and traditions that also set it aside from the rest of the country.
This tour is designed to help you become an expert on the rich cultural heritage and ecological resources of the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica.
Know before you book
- Prices given per PERSON and in American dollars
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Port/Hotel pick up and drop off
- Professional Local Guide (spanish or english).
- Private Tour
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee either.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.