Coyhaique National Park + Chilean Lunch
We invite you to be part of this adventure and travel with us one of the most beautiful scenic routes in the world , enjoying a nature forgotten by many. Meet our Patagonia and Marvel at this remote place.
What to expect
You start your trip from Puerto Chacabuco straight eastwards to the Capital of the Region, Coyhaique and its wonderful National Park. We will have our first stop in the COIPOS Lagune, where you have a wonderful 360°C surrounding look to the Andes with its snowpeaks, while listening to the Chucao, one of the most famous Birds in the Region.
From here we will follow one of the best knowing Rivers in the Area, the Simpson River. Very well known by the Flyfishing scenery.
You will drive through the Cold Rainforrest, also known as the evergreen forrest. After 1 hour of driving, we reach the Coyhaique National Park.
Here you will have a fantastic view on a majestic Lagoon, the "Laguna verde". We walk around this lagoon and with its different colours, always depending where you are. The sun and the clouds, if so, will invite you to talk a thousends of fotos.
Right after this wonderful short walk, your lunch is awaiting you. But before that, we will have a short stop in one of the most beautifil Waterfalls in the nearby, the "Cascada de Virgin".
Now its lunchtime and therefore we are going to a great tipical Chilean QUONCHO with real Patagonien Cowboys, the GAUCHOS! It is a countryside Grillhouse and you will have your first Patagonien ASADO! It is lamb on a spit! A unique experience you will never forget.
You will join the company of the owner and its family. All the food they will provide you, is ORGANIC! No supermaket food! It is fantastic!
You will have a homemade "Calafate Pisco" as a Aperitif, than a full meal with Lamp, Potatoes, Salad and a homemade tipical patogonien dessert "huesillos con Mote"!
After this wonderful meal, we go westwards again but walking over the oldest wooden Ropebrigde in this area. Back in the Van, we follow the pioneers along the old path, which conected Puerto Aysén with Coyhaique.
Now, on our way back to the port you will enjoy the view to this beauty of unspoiled nature.
Our last stop will be in Puerto Aysén, right beside the Aysén River for taking a foto from the longest suspension bridge of Chile, the "Presidente Ibañez".
From here we are on our way back to Puerto Chacabuco where your Ship is awaiting you!
Know before you book
- Prices given per PERSON and in American dollars
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
- Guests must be physically fit and have no major mobility issues!
- Please wear Trecking shoes, hat, sunglasses, sunblocker and bring a rainjacket!
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Beverage (1 Glass of wine OR 1 beer OR 1 Softdrink)
- National Reserve ticket
- Port/Hotel pick up and drop off
- Professional Local Guide (german, portuguese, spanish or english).
- Private Tour
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee either.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.