Poas Volcano and Waterfalls
Puntarenas, Costa Rica
It is one of the most spectacular volcanoes in Costa Rica, mainly for its primary crater that has a warm and acid lagoon, turquoise colors and active fumaroles; it also has cold water lagoon, natural hiking paths and great biodiversity.
Duration: 5 hours.
What to expect
This Tour departs very early from The Puntarenas Pier to visit the amazing Poas Volcano; North of the central valley in the Alajuela province we find this volcano of an altitude of 2.708 mts above sea level and temperature ranging from 45 f° to 70 f°. It is one of the most spectacular volcanoes in Costa Rica, mainly for its primary crater that has a warm and acid lagoon, turquoise colors and active fumaroles; it also has cold water lagoon, natural hiking paths and great biodiversity.
It's last significant eruption occurred in 1994 spitting rocks around its crater; earlier in 1952 and 1954 had an important period of activity in which it was observed ash clouds, hot rocks and loud rumbles that formed the inner cone in the main crater of about 40 mts in height. nowadays its activity consists in gas and water emissions. the poas volcano is one of the most visited volcanos in the region for its distinctive features and incredible beauty.
Also we are going to enjoy “The Paz Waterfall Gardens”, It is the #1 most visited privately owned ecological attraction in Costa Rica featuring the best hiking near San Jose, the most famous waterfalls in Costa Rica, rescued wildlife preserve with over 100 species of animals and an environmental education program.
Know before you book
- Prices given per PERSON and in American dollars
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Port/Hotel pick up and drop off
- Professional Local Guide (spanish or english).
- Private Tour
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee too.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.