Medieval tour to Guimaraes and Bom Jesus
Travel back with us to the Middle Ages, in one Portugal´s most visited places, Guimaraes, a medieval town that has preserved its noble past as the birthplace of Portugal´s first King. We will visit its impressive castle, we will...
- Guimarães-medieval town (45´by car).
- The historic town center of Guimarães is listed a UNESCO World Heritage Site. We visit one of the 7 wonders of Portugal, the Guimarães Castle (S.X) (30 mins) and at the foot of it the San Miguel church (15 mins).
- We visit the Paços dos Duques de Bragança (30 mins).
- We pass by the town hall, Santiago square and walking the alleys (20 mins), Largo da Oliveira is the amazing main square and the Oliveira church (30 mins).
- Portuguese tapas tasting (price not included) and time to take photos (75´).
- Sanctuary of Bom Jesus do Monte (S.XVIII-IXX) (45´by car and 90´ visiting).
- This Sanctuary located in Braga is one of the most important pilgrimage places in Portugal. Highlights its monumental Staircases with 550 steps.We go up with the historic elevator that works only with water to get to the church and go down some steps to see the fountains, chapels and sculptures. We will contemplate one of the best panoramic views of the city.
Know before you book
- Duration 7 hours
- Prices given per PERSON in US$
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Sanctuary ticket
- Pick Up at Hotel or Cruise Terminal
- Professional Local Guide (english, german, french, spanish and portuguese)
- Private Tour
- Gastronomic Experience
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee either.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
What to expect
Travel backwith us to the Middle Ages, in one Portugal´s most visited places, Guimaraes, a medieval town that has preserved its noble past as the birthplace of Portugal´s first King.
We will visit its impressive castle, we will walk around its glorious historic center which was declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Guimaraes unique medieval architecture, pictuaresque and labyrinth alike streets offer gastronomic delights to the visitor.
This medieval journey, will be followed, by a visit to one of Portugal´s iconic pilgrimage destinations, the Sanctuary of Bon Jesús, in Braga. Surrounded by nature and enchanted by history; It has an impressive baroque zigzag shaped staircase compossed of some 550 steps, which lead to the sanctuary, yet if you feel overwhelmed by them you can always use the lift, powered by a water pump, and built in 1832.