Masaya Volcano and Catarina Private Tour
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Depart the San Juan del Sur cruise port to take a journey through the Masaya Volcano National Park. Spend 7-hours of your day observing the active volcano and touring a neighboring town, Catarina.
Enjoy round-trip cruise port pickup and drop-off, as well as accompaniment by a private guide.
Duration: 7 hours.
What to expect
Meet your guide at the exit of the Port of San Juan del Sur and board the awaiting vehicle. From there, begin your drive to Masaya and Catarina with your personal group.
First, you will visit Masaya Volcano National Park, Nicaragua's first and largest National Park, where you will be driven right to the summit of an active smoking crater for a look inside. This is one of the few places in the world where such an active volcano can be observed up close.
Next, you will visit Nicaragua's most popular handicraft market located in Masaya. There, you will be able to purchase various types of beautiful Nicaraguan handicrafts made out of wood, ceramics, embroidery, hammocks, clothes, and jewelry.
Drive to Catarina afterwards, one of the famous traditional towns, where ornamental plants and flowers are grown. Here, you can enjoy the impressive panoramic views over Apoyo Lagoon and Mombacho volcano.
Once you have finished your tour, the guide will promptly return you to your cruise ship.
Know before you book
- Prices given per PERSON and in American dollars
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Port/Hotel pick up and drop off
- Professional Local Guide (spanish or english).
- Private Tour
- Islets Boat Tour
- Tourist Card: US$ 10.00 (To be paid at your entrance to Nicaragua)
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee too.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.