Fishermen and Pacoche Humid Forest Tour
Visit the fishmarket, the motor of the local economy / Discover the universe of the humid tropical forest with its howler monkeys in Pacoche / Learn about the Ecuadorian revolution and buy the famous Montecristi Hat and local handcrafts in Montecristi.
Duration: 6 hours.
What to expect
You first go to the early morning fishmarket in Manta where you can see the fishermen coming in from their morning fish, unload their catch and prepare them for sales.
There is a very wide variety of catch here in Manta and it is quite a show to watch.
At the same place you will be able to see the construction and repairing of large wooden fishing boats.
Then, a visit to the Ciudad Alfaro and the Montecristi handicraft shops (where you will find Panama hats and typical crafts).
We would then go to the Pacoche Humid Forest (natural reserve) where you would go on the ~1h15 walk through the forest with a nature guide, the same walk that is described above, in the previous tour.
Typical almuerzo (optional, lunch not included).
It cannot be guaranteed, but on days when cruise ships come to Manta, they almost always have demonstrations of how the Panama hats are made at the Ciudad Alfaro.
Know before you book
- Prices given per PERSON and in American dollars
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- All the tickets
- Port pick up and drop off (at front door of cruise terminal. You have to take free cruise transportation to this place).
- Professional Local Guide (spanish, english, german or french).
- Private Tour
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee too.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.