From Cacao to Chocolate - Cacao Route
Learn about the process to transform one of the best cacao in the world in chocolate. Discover the production process of handcraft beer and taste the different types of beer. Know more about the local economy and one of its most exported...
What to expect
Visit INIAP Institute (Agricultural Research Farm) in Portoviejo.
Walk around the nursery garden and National Cacao farm, get a taste of different national cacao beans, and learn about the preservation program and the crop.
Drive to Pacoche Forest to visit a coffee plantation at the National Wildlife refuge of Pacoche.
Learn about Ecuadorian coffee, see an exhibition of roasting, grounding and best preparation of local coffee, where you'll be delighted with nice cup of our very own local coffee and a delicious local snack.
Return to cruise terminal
Know before you book
- Prices given per PERSON and in American dollars
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- All the tickets
- Port pick up and drop off (at front door of cruise terminal. You have to take free cruise transportation to this place).
- Professional Local Guide (spanish or english).
- Private Tour
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee too.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.