Liverpool Private City Tour and Chester City
Liverpool, England, UK
We are going to visit Liverpool, the birth place of the Beatles and one of the best cities in the world of architecture. Albert Dock, Liverpool Anglican Cathedral (British biggest Cathedral), St. James Cemetery, Church of St Luke, Chester city and...
- Royal Albert Dock (30') This collection of Grade 1 listed buildings were
the first fireproof warehouses in the world & is now a buzzing district of
bars, shops, apartments and museums. It is home to Tate Liverpool art gallery.
Liverpool has 2 cathedrals:
- Liverpool Anglican Cathedral (30') the
biggest Cathedral in the UK.
- The modernist Metropolitan Cathedral
of Christ the King (25') a catholic cathedral built in the 1960’s to a unique
design sometimes called Gods Spaceship!
- St James Cemetery (25') an urban park underneath Liverpool Cathedral
a Grade I Historic park with a natural spring.
- Everton Park (20') from Everton Brow we will get a unique view overlooking the docks & magnificent city of Liverpool
The Three Graces - down on the waterfront we will see iconic
- Royal Liver Building (15') (1908-1911) the tallest building in Europe when it was built considered the first skyscraper outside of USA
- The Cunard Building (1914-16) inspired by the grand Italian
palazzos in Venice.
- Bombed Out Church (30') Church of St Luke or the bombed-out church.
A much-loved landmark at the heart of the city kept as a memorial to the
civilians who lost their lives in the May 1941 blitz. See also the 1st WW
memorial to the Christmas day truce in no-man’s-land
The Culture Quarter
- we will see St. Johns Gardens (15')
- St George’s Hall which King Charles referred to as the finest Neoclassical building in the world! The jaw dropping Central Library, World Museum and the Walker art gallery also here.
- Chester (60'): if you like Roman history Chester has the remains of
Britains largest amphitheatre & you may spot Roman soldiers around
the city ! Chester is the most complete walled city in the UK famous for
its black and white Victorian buildings including the Rows, medieval two-
tier buildings above street level-many of which today are shops. The
Cathedral started as an Abbey back in 992AD.
Pass by: Liverpool Penny Lane Road sign made famous by the Beatles
song “Penny Lane” released in 1967. Powys Street which was home to
Ringo & later to Tommy Shelby in the drama Peaky Blinders.
The Cavern Club, a famous music venue where the Beatles played 292
The soccer stadia. Liverpool has two premier league teams and millions
of fans around the world.
Know before you book
- Duration 7 hours
- Prices given per PERSON in US$
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Pick up at Hotel or Cruise Terminal
- Professional Local Guide (English)
- Private Tour
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee either.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.