Full-Day Private City Tour in Lerwick
Lerwick, Scotland, UK
Lerwick is the main town and port of the Shetland Islands. On our first stop we will visit the incredible Clickimin Broch. After seeing this remarkable site, we will drive back to the centre and spend some time visiting some of the main attractions...
- Clickimin Broch (50') A sophisticated type of stone-built round house found only in Scotland
- Fort Charlotte (50') An artillery fort built to protect the village during the First Anglo-Dutch War. Your guide will give you all the details.
- Lerwick Hay´s Dock (20') On this attraction, you are going to find a collection of traditional and restored boats on the beach and in the water. Free time to wander around and have a coffee to enjoy the atmosphere.
- Shetland Museum and Archives (40') On this museum, galleries are split into different zones. It´s closed on Wednesdays and Sundays, so it will be replaced by the Lerwick Town Hall (a municipal building, home of the Shetland Islands Council, used for functions such as marriages, wedding receptions, concerts, coffee mornings and evening events.)
- The Lodberrie (40') This house is probably the most photographed house in Shetland and the home of Jimmy Perez in the popular BBC drama series Shetland. On Commercial Street you are going to find authentic knitwear and locally made crafts and gifts, don´t leave the island without getting one!!
- Croft House Museum (60' Ticket included) Croft House Museum is a mid-nineteenth century Shetland Croft, which was lived in until the late 60´s. Lerwick Town Hall was designed to dominate the surrounding townscape from the town in its setting on the ridge of the Hillhead.
Know before you book
- Duration 6.30 hours
- Prices given per PERSON in EUROS
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Croft House Museum Ticket
- Pick Up or drop off at port
- Professional Local Guide
- Private Tour
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee too.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
What to expect
Lerwick is the main town and port of the Shetland Islands. On our first stop we will visit the incredible Clickimin Broch. After seeing this remarkable site, we will drive back to the centre and spend some time visiting some of the main attractions in this amazing village: Fort Charlotte- Hay´s Dock is a beautifully restored historic dock. Visit the Shetland Museum and Archives where the galleries are split into different zones. Enjoy the picturesquely grouped house and stores built on lodberry. Enjoy the views over Victoria Pier. Finally, we will drive down to Croft House Museum, to visit our last attraction. Lerwick Town Hall was designed to dominate the surrounding townscape from the town in its setting on the ridge of the Hillhead
PLEASE NOTE: Walking is involved Shetland Museum and Archives is close on Wednesday and Sunday, this attraction will be replaced by the Lerwick Town Hall.
Missing you already !!