Leon Private Walking Tour
You will discover why León is at once considered to be Nicaragua’s historical, cultural, educational and religious capital.
Explore the majestic city of Leon on foot
Duration: 6 hours.
What to expect
León has always been one of the most important cities of Nicaragua; it functioned several times as the capital city after the Independence from Spain. Nowadays this is the second largest province in Nicaragua housing the largest cathedral and one of the oldest universities in Central America. Leon Cathedral closes on Sundays. Ruben Dario Museum and Ortiz-Gurdian Foundation closed on Mondays.
During this tour, we will be able to see an architecturally interesting center with many old, colonial houses, streets, monuments, and churches. Visiting León will also allow you to interact with some of the greatest cultural traditions and learn about the important events carry out through the year.
We´ll also learn about its most famous former resident Rubén Dario, Father of Nicaraguan poetry and prince of the Spanish literature. León was the first capital in Nicaragua and it is the first capital of the revolution.
Know before you book
- Prices given per PERSON and in American dollars
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Port/Hotel pick up and drop off
- Professional Local Guide (spanish or english).
- Private Tour
- Tourist Card: US$ 10.00 (To be paid at your entrance to Nicaragua)
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee too.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.