From Kirkwall - Orkney Mainland Private Tour
Kirkwall, Scotland, UK
Get ready for an incredible tour around Orkney!! Orkney is unique because of its Neolithic monuments. The group of monuments constitutes a major prehistoric cultural landscape which depicts life in this remote archipelago 5000 years ago.
- Scapa Flow (60') A natural harbour located off the coast of Scotland. It is known for its archaeological significance and also for its fascinating war stories. Listen to your guide!!
- Cuween Hill Chambered Cairn (40') This 5000-year-old Neolithic tomb is a fine example of Neolithic architectural design which gives evidence of complex burial rites. Bones of men, dogs and oxen were found buried here.
- Standing Stones of Stenness (20') Four giant megaliths which date back to 3100BC making it one of the oldest stone circles in Britain. Originally there were twelve stones, some standing up to six metres high. Today only four remain.
- Ring of Brodgar (40') It´s the finest known circular late Neolithic or early Bronze Age stone ring. It is a site of ritual and ceremony and hauntingly beautiful. Get your cameras ready to take some great pictures!!
- Skara Brae (2 hours Ticket included) Skara Brae is one of the best-preserved stone-built Neolithic settlements. It is one of the most fascinating prehistoric villages, the village is older than the Pyramids and Stonehenge. You will see the circular houses built from slabs of stone where our ancestors lived 5000 years ago. We will also stop at Skaill House, a historic manor house which overlooks the Neolithic site Skara Brae and the spectacular Bay of Skaill.
- Broch of Gurness(40' Ticket included) This impressive Iron Age complex is one of the most outstanding examples of a later prehistoric settlement to survive in Scotland.
Know before you book
- Duration 7 hours
- Prices given per PERSON in EUROS
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Skara Brae and Skaill House Ticket
- Broch of Gurness Ticket included
- Professional Local Guide
- Private Tour
- Port or Hotel pick up and drop off
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee too.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
What to expect
Get ready for an incredible tour around Orkney!! Orkney is unique because of its Neolithic monuments. The group of monuments constitutes a major prehistoric cultural landscape which depicts life in this remote archipelago 5000 years ago. We will drive through agricultural land to the shores of Scapa flow, a natural harbour located off the coast of Scotland Then we will stop at Cuween Hill Chambered Cairn (to reach this attraction you need to walk for about 20 minutes). A quick visit to The Stones of Stennes Ring of Brodgar is our next attraction to visit Skara Brae is one of the best-preserved stone-built Neolithic settlements. It is one of the most fascinating prehistoric villages We will also stop at Skaill House. Our last stop is an icon of Orkney’s rich archaeological heritage: Broch of Gurness (big coaches cannot reach this attraction so it will be replaced by Yesnaby)
PLEASE NOTE: WALKING INVOLVED
MISSING YOU ALREADY !!