Private Tour, Invergordon – Tain - Dornoch
Invergordon, Scotland, UK
This tour is full of beautiful things, just for you!! Include Glenmorangie Distillery. Our first stop will be at the Shandwick Stone, at over 1,200 years old it is one of the most impressive of Pictish monuments. Soon after departing the Shandwick...
-Pass By: Shandwick's Edinburgh Shandwick Village
- Shandwick Stone (30') Over 1,200 years old it is one of the most impressive of Pictish monuments. It stands in its original position on a hill overlooking the little fishing village of Shandwick, and is a landmark that can be seen far out to sea.
- Mermaid of the North (20') Sitting on her rock – named “Clach Dubh” – in the seaboard village of Balintore, and hear about the folklore of this area.
- Hilton of Cadboll (20') Hilton of Cadboll Pictish cross-slab worth listening to the fascinating tales surrounding this place
- Tarbat Discovery Centre (Ticket included 50') We are going to learn much more about the Pictish people and why they are so important to Scottish history. We will also hear about the discovery of one of Scotland’s oldest monasteries, excavated on this site!
- Dornoch Cathedral (70') Built in the 13th century, and also famous because Madonna baptised her son Rocco there. Admire the beautiful coloured windows, look for the angel playing the bagpipes, and pay attention to the gargoyles set in the eaves outside. At one time the village people thought these were evil spirits which the ringing of the tower bells had driven out of the Cathedral and turned to stone.
- Dornoch Beach (20') Dornoch beach you can find gentle shallows, sheltering dunes and miles of golden sands. Please ask your tour guide to give you a few minutes to wander around.
- Glenmorangie Distillery (Ticket included 60'). Glenmorangie , is the world’s most famous distillery is a must for any whisky enthusiast. Here we will learn about the steps taken to create their flagship whisky. The tour will finish with a whisky tasting session.
Pass By: Royal Dornoch Golf Club
Know before you book
- Duration 6.30 hours
- Prices given per PERSON in US$
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Tarbat Discovery Centre Ticket
- Glenmorangie Distillery Ticket
- Pick Up at Hotels or Cruise Terminal
- Professional Local Guide
- Private Tour
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee either.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
What to expect
This tour is full of beautiful things, just for you!!
Our first stop will be at the Shandwick Stone, at over 1,200 years old it is one of the most impressive of Pictish monuments.
Soon after departing the Shandwick Stone, we will make a quick stop at the Mermaid of the North, sitting on her rock – named “Clach Dubh” – in the seaboard village of Balintore.
Our next stop will be overlooking the Hilton of Cadboll Pictish cross-slab.
Having viewed these ancient remains in situ, we will now visit the Tarbat Discovery Centre to learn much more about the Pictish people and why they are so important to Scottish history.
We then drive up to the pretty village of Dornoch. We start with a visit to Dornoch Cathedral, built in the 13th century.
Finally, Tain, a village with an ancient history which offers numerous attractions. A visit to Glenmorangie, the world’s most famous distillery is a must for any whisky enthusiast.
Please Note: Walking is involved.
Missing you already !!