Historical Tour in Porto
This city, located in the north of Portugal and the point where the river Douro meets the Atlantic, is a magical place; enchanted by an atmosphere full of mystery and life. Its elegant neighborhoods and stately villas compare with ...
- Panoramic Tour (30') From port/hotel to the downtown we will have a panoramic tour along the river passing by the `Castelo do Queijo,the ´Mouth of the river Douro´, the ´Arrabida Bridge´ and the ´Tram museum´.
- Downtown (2 hours) Carmo church (15') , the Cadeia da Relação (the old prison)(15`). We get to the main square in Porto, the Liberty square where de San Bento train station is (20'), Clérigos Tower (10´), Lello Bookshop - guided visit inside ( 30´), Aliados avenue and the council (15`), Bolhao Market (15`) and Café Majestic (pass by).
- Porto Cathedral (30') We visit the 'Sé do Porto' (Porto cathedral- S.XII) in the highest part of the city next to the remains of the old walls that protected the city.
- Viewpoint (20') We make a stop at a viewpoint with the best views of the city where you can see the bridges and the river.
- Tram Tour in Old Town (1 hour). We take the Tram Tour in Old town visiting the oldest neighborhood in the city and the Unesco Heritage Site , La Ribeira. Passing by Palacio da Bolsa (Palace of the Stock Exchange) the San Francisco Church ( 30 mins tour). It takes 30 mins get in and out.
- Panoramic Tour along the River (30')
We go back to the port along the river.
Know before you book
- Duration 5 hours
- Prices given per PERSON in US$
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Tram Tour ticket
- Cathedral ticket
- Pick Up at Hotel or Cruise Terminal
- Professional Local Guide (english, german, french, spanish and portuguese)
- Private Tour
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee too.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
What to expect
This city, located in the north of Portugal and the point where the river Douro meets the Atlantic, is a magical place; enchanted by an atmosphere full of mystery and life. Its elegant neighborhoods and stately villas compare with narrow streets and old alleys, full of history and nostalgia.
A feeling of joy overwhelmes the visitor and she or he overlooks the city from one of its viewpoints. After a guided tour of some of its most relevant monuments we will take a tram tour through the Ribeira, the oldest neighborhood in the city and the Unesco Heritage Site.
This tour will facilitate a complete Historical Experience and discovery in one of Europes enchanted Atlantic cities.