Home / South America / Nicaragua / San Juan del Sur
Granada Colonial and Islets Private Tour
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Visit the colonial city of Granada, founded in 1524 by conquistador Hernández de Cordoba, and settlement of the conquest.
Enjoy a boat tour of Granada's famous Isletas, an archipelago formed by an ancient volcanic explosion, just off the shore...
What to expect
Our transport and guide will be waiting at the Port of San Juan del Sur to take you to the colonial city of Granada, founded in 1524 by conquistador Hernández de Cordoba, is the oldest city in the western hemisphere of the Americas. Unlike other cities that claim the same distinction, the city of Granada was not only the settlement of the conquest, but also a city registered in official records of the Crown of Aragon, and the Kingdom of Castile in Spain. Granada is also known as La Gran Sultana, in reflection of its Moorish and Andalusian appearance.
On this excursion, we will visit the cultural center Casa de los Tres Mundos and the Museum of San Francisco Convent, known for its collection of pre-Columbian statutes and pottery. During the tour you will have the chance to see the colorful market, the charming streets and the beautiful churches and monuments.
Then we'll embark on a boat tour of Granada's famous Isletas, an archipelago formed by an ancient volcanic explosion, just off the shore of Lake Nicaragua.
Know before you book
- Prices given per PERSON and in American dollars
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Port/Hotel pick up and drop off
- Professional Local Guide (spanish or english).
- Private Tour
- Islets Boat Tour
- Tourist Card: US$ 10.00 (To be paid at your entrance to Nicaragua)
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee too.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.