Full-Day Private Guided Tour in A Coruña from Ferrol Port
A Coruña is called the “Glass City” due to its unique architectural style of constructing “galerías” (enclosed glass balconies) onto the side of its buildings. This city is located in Galicia, a northwest area in Spain where the climate is...
- Jardines de Mendez Nunez The port is in the city center, from here you will have a guided tour.
- Avenida de la Marina "La Marina Avenue” and its “galerías”, with beautiful glass-fronted balconies. That’s why this city is known as the glass city.
- Castle of San Anton ”San Antón castle” (10'). We have the opportunity to stop here to take a photo and have a small explanation.
- Tower of Hercules (Torre de Hercules, 10') Ticket included. The Tower of Hercules, boarded by the Hercules garden. This lighthouse has served as the lighthouse at the entrance, and is the city harbour in north-western Spain since 1st century when the Romans built it. It's the only fully preserved Roman lighthouse that is still used for maritime signaling. According to a myth the hero Hercules slew the giant tyrant Geryon after three days and three nights of continuous battle.
- Menhires Hercules (5') then buried the head of Geryon with his weapons and ordered that a city be built on the site. Breogan statue and the Menhires in Sculpture Park.
- La Coruna (20') We will follow the promenade entering the city center again but this time by the beaches side. We will pass by the aquarium, by the Domus (museum human being), by the most important beaches in the city which are the Orzan beach and the Riazor beach, the Millenium obelisk where we can stop (5 minutes) to take a photo and contemplate the amazing views, the octopus sculpture, the panoramic elevator and finally the “Portiño”.
Pass By: Playa de Riazor Passing by the Riazor beach
Pass By: Domus We will pass by the “aquarium” and by the “Domus” (museum human being).
Pass By: Carretera al Portiño Enjoy the “panoramic elevator” and the “Portiño.
- Giardini San Carlos (10') This is a place of history, with the tomb of Sir John Moore, famous for his heroism in saving the British army. A quiet place in a busy city.
- Iglesia de Santiago Apostol (5') Oldest church in La Coruña.
- Plaza Pontevedra (20') On our way to the city center, we will pass by Pontevedra square, Lugo square (shopping area), Los “Cantones”, and “La Marina” again until to get to Puerta Real (opposite to the marina).
- Monte de San Pedro (40') We will go up to San Pedro Mount. What has been an old defensive point has become the best viewpoint in the city. We will have a 15minute guided tour of this fantastic park with the best panoramic views of the city. You will be impressed by the presence of the huge cannons, war machines that used to defend the city. This park has a cafeteria with wonderful views for those who prefer to rest.
- Plaza de Maria Pita (15') We will visit the Maria Pita square which is where the hall of La Coruña and the Maria Pita statue (the heroine who defended the city in a battle).
- Colegiata de Santa Maria do Campo (5') Beautiful and old medieval temple from XII century.
- Praza de Azcarraga (10') Beautiful square covered by very old trees.
- La Coruna (60') Traveler will have the opportunity to taste local wine&tapas before leaving. Price not included. Back to Ferrol’s port.
Know before you book
- Duration 7 hours
- Prices given per PERSON in US$
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Pick Up at Hotel or Cruise Terminal
- Professional Local Guide (english and spanish)
- Private Tour
- Lunch. Wine and Tapas.
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee too.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
What to expect
A Coruña is called the “Glass City” due to its unique architectural style of constructing “galerías” (enclosed glass balconies) onto the side of its buildings.
This city is located in Galicia, a northwest area in Spain where the climate is rainy and windy which allows to have a spectacular green nature. This climate and the roughness of its tides make them to have a very high-quality fishing, and that’s why Galicia is also highly valued for its gastronomy, specifically for the seafood.
In this full-day tour to the city, you will be surprised by the many fascinating places that this city offers like the famous Hercules tower, the pleasant and long promenade that boarded the entire city with a amazing views of the port and beaches, you will go up to the Mount San Pedro (the best viewpoint of the city) and as a must we will visit its old town where you will have the chance of walking its charming alleys full of so much history and emblematic buildings and monuments.