Cartagena Private City Tour
Pirates, legends, ghosts, love stories and a lot more in this city tour adventure, it last 4 hours, is done in a full air condition vehicle. Main places: La Popa (highest point in the city with an excellent history), The castle (excellent military construction), The Vaults, The gold museum, Walled city (walking tour), San Pedro Claver museum, church and house and the new city.
Duration: 4 hours
What to expect
Starting at port/hotel and after a warm wellcome, we start our tour visiting neighborhoods between the starting point and the highest place of the city name La Popa which is 512 feet avobe sea level with a magnificent view of the whole town.
Up there we spend 30 minutes visiting the chapel (1611), the museum, the yard and there will be time for taking photos and visiting the bathrooms.
From there we go to the most important military constuction from Spain in the Americas, a fort name San Felipe De Barajas, right inside 45 minutes walking through the tunnels and galleries and also the open spaces.
From the fort we go to a nice place name The Vaults, which used to be soldiers barracks and is the last military contruction from Spain in the city; righ there we have 25 minutes in order to know the story of the place and for shoping hand craft if you want to.
Back to the vehicule and after a few minutes passing by Gabriel Garcia Marquez House we start our walking easy going tour in order to visit the gold museum (close on mondays) , San Pedro Claver church, the very beautiful colonial streets to see also the nice colonial city that was declared a historical and cultural heritage of Mankind by UNESCO in 1985.
We will see also the new city to see how much it is different from the old one.
You will have with you a bilingual tour guide willing to help you and to answer your questions.
Know before you book
- Prices given per PERSON and in American dollars
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Bottled water
- Port pick up and drop off
- Professional Local Guide (spanish, english, portuguese or french)
- Private Tour
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee too.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.