Chiavari and Sestri Levante: Hidden Treasures
This tour is for those visitors who like to skip the crowd and experience the hidden atmosphere of these quiet and charming towns.
- Chiavari (1h15’)
Away from the beach, Chiavari has a fascinating mix of architecture and is well known for its medieval streets known as the "carrugi", typical narrow streets dating back to the Middle Ages like the elegant arcades where now it is possible to find rows of small boutiques, old fashioned pastry shops, ice cream parlours, typical restaurants and cafes. Walking tour among the charming streets and the colourful benches of the daily fruit and vegetable market.
- Sestri Levante (1h45’)
Lying on the Mediterranean Sea, nearby Portofino and the Cinque Terre, Sestri Levante is becoming quite a favourite among international tourists. This once quiet fishing village has two bays: Baia delle Favole (Bay of the Fables), and Baia del Silenzio, (Bay of Silence); in between stretches the most ancient part part of the village, located on a peninsula. During the visit, quick
break to enjoy a slice of focaccia and a glass of good wine.
Know before you book
- Duration 4.30 hours
- Prices given per PERSON in EUROS
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Pick Up or drop off at port
- Professional Local Guide (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Polish, Swedish, Portuguese. Other languages on request, if available)
- Private Tour
- Focaccia and white wine tasting
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee too.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
What to expect
You might not have heard of these Medieval Ligurian cities, perched between the promontory of Portofino and the Cinque Terre, in the heart of the Gulf of Tigullio. Often, these towns are wrongly skipped from guidebooks: they are not as pretty as neighbouring fishing villages like Camogli, they don´t have impressive galleries and museums. Yet, there is something very charming and quintessentially Italian about these underrated towns that make them worth a visit.