Volcano Cerro Negro Private Tour
Climb and descend Nicaragua’s most active volcano. This is the youngest active volcano in the Western Hemisphere.
From the top, you will have an incredible view of the surrounding area and the Maribios volcanic chain, however the descent is probably the most fun.
What to expect
This tour is not for the faint hearted!
If you are an adventurous person that is looking for something different, sand boarding at Cerro Negro volcano is a great opportunity for you!
This is an extreme activity on an active volcano that can be done sitting down on a rustic design ski boards, Kind of like snowboarding except that we do it on fine volcanic sand.
First we need to hike up to the top at 726 M (porter will carry safety gears and boards). The hike begins from the base at 300 M above sea level taking approximately one hour; this time also includes short stops along the way.
Once on top and after putting your safety gears on, your guide will conduct a briefing on how to handle the board? Coming down is surely a whole different experience, it is much easier and fun as it can just take a few minutes to get to the bottom.
Cerro Negro volcano is a world class tourist destination, so you can’t miss it!
Know before you book
- Prices given per PERSON and in American dollars
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Port/Hotel pick up and drop off
- Professional Local Guide (spanish or english).
- Private Tour
- Tourist Card: US$ 10.00 (To be paid at your entrance to Nicaragua)
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee too.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.