Chiloé National Park
Chiloé National Park is a national park of Chile, located in the western coast of Chiloé Island, in Los Lagos Region (region of the lakes). It encompasses an area of 430.57 km2 (166 sq mi). Visit the most importante places of this incredible park...
What to expect
Our tour begins with the transfer of passengers from the port and then take appropriate heading south towards the sector of the city of Chonchi, to visit the
Church of San Carlos de Borromeo (Heritage), whose construction is style Neoclassical. Then we go to the museum of traditions Chonchi, to get a taste of what is the Chiloe culture.
After that we will continue our tour through the best farmland of the island, between old houses testify to the dating of the settlement. After 20 minutes we arrive at Huillinco, village who came to the port of 1935 as support of the settlers installed on the coast. Today it is a place with a beach, inn and guest house. Its port function was lost with the opening of the route to Cucao, only in 1983.
Our journey continues to the coastline along Lake Huillinco to the village of Cucao, which is an ancient Indian village in 1734 already had chapel. Since the mideighteenth century was visited by Jesuit missionaries as a first stop circulating
mission. Today there are milestones of significance since the 1960 tsunami devastated its oldest buildings. At the mouth of the lake is a bridge for vehicles to cross the Chanquín sector, where we enter the National Park Chiloé, which is located on the western slopes of the Cordillera de la Costa mountain range called Piuchén here, consisting of a solid summits with heights between 500 and 800 m.
The park is divided into three areas: the Chepu sector (7800 ha), Metalqui Islet (50 hectares) and Anay (35207 Ha) Sector. Since Chanquin begin our tour through a path that crosses the path the Tepual, which lasts for about 1 hour.
- Output Castro- Cucao (Chiloé National Park)
- Visit Chonchi (Church and museum)
- Visit Huillinco (Town and lake)
- Hiking trail in the Tepual (1 hour suitable for all ages)
- Lunch at Restaurant near Cucao
- Return to Castro
Know before you book
- Prices given per PERSON and in American dollars
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Water and wine
- National Park Entrance
- Port/Hotel pick up and drop off
- Professional Local Guide (spanish, french or english).
- Private Tour
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee either.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.