Basel City Tour and Fondation Beyeler
Discover the highlights of Basel`s historical part of town on a private half day tour. Your tour-guide (up to 11) will give you detailed and interesting information about the main historic places, monuments, the current daily life in Basel and the...
• Pick up at Hotel or Basel Port by your private driver-guide (up to 11 passengers), and drive to the famous Dreiländereck – the three countries corner where the borders of France, Germany and Switzerland meet along a bend in the Rhine River. Cross from one country to the other in just a few seconds, and have your camera ready for some beautiful pictures from the Rhine River with the three countries` flags. Photostop of approx. 10 minutes.
• Continue by private vehicle to the old part of town, where you will enjoy a comfortable walk with your private driver-guide of approx. 1,5 hours. Pass by the Market Square, an impressive square in the centre of Basel, which still plays a key role in the lives of Basel`s inhabitants today. The market which sells fresh vegetables, fruit and flowers takes place here on every weekday, and food lovers can find here delicious local products as well as many specialities from the region, Switzerland and
the entire world.
• The Market Square is dominated by the colourful City Hall, the seat of the Basel government and parliament. Pass by this eyecatching building with its red facade, the characteristic tower and
• Continue your walk, and pass by the Cathedral of Basel, the so called Basler Münster. This is probably the most famous landmark in Basel. With its sandstone walls, colourful roof tiles and twin towers, no other building adorns the cityscape of Basel like the Cathedral.
• Time for a second viewing point: The Pfalz Terrace. This platform high above the Rhine, offers a fantastic view over the Old Town and the border triangle. In the small gateway nearby, leading to
the quiet cloisters of the Cathedral, you will find richly decorated gravestones of members of prominent Basel families from the 16th to 19th centuries.
• Cross one of the bridges over the Rhine River, and walk along the river through the part of town which is called Kleinbasel (little Basel). Here you will find another very important monument for the city, which is the Mittlere Brücke. Opened in 1226, it is one of the oldest Rhine crossings between
Lake Constance and the North Sea.
• Continue by car to the Fondation Beyeler, where you can enjoy a 2 hours visit of the art collection, which features modern and tribal art. The museum contains an area dedicated to exhibitions which vary from time to time, to complement the permanent collection.
• After the museum visit, drive back with your private driver-guide to Basel Port or your hotel in Basel City.
Know before you book
- Duration 4.5 hours
- Prices given per PERSON in US$
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- No booking fees
- Full refund if port stop is cancelled or ship can't dock.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Entrance tickets Fondation Beyeler
- Driver-guide up to 11 passengers. From 12 passengers driver and guide.
- Pick Up at Hotel or Cruise Terminal
- Professional Local Guide (english, deutsch, dutch, spanish and portuguese)
- Private Tour
- If your ship can´t dock due to inclement weather conditions there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel at least 7 calendar days in advance, there is no cancellation fee too.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 50% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 calendar days in advance, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
What to expect
You Discover the highlights of Basel`s historical part of town on a private half day tour. Your driver-guide will give
you detailed and interesting information about the main historic places, monuments, the current daily life in Basel and the best places where to eat and drink. Afterwards continue to the famous Fondation Beyeler – the
most popular art museum in Switzerland, and considered one of the finest worldwide. Take the time to vit the museum on your own (tickets included). Afterwards, your driver-guide will drive you back to your hotel in
Basel, or to Basel Airport. This tour can start and end anywhere in Basel City Centre / Basel Harbor.